Charleston F&B Provision Bags (grocery giveaway) signup
NEW job posting: Ted’s Butcherblock is hiring experienced candidates for several full- and part-time positions, including front of house, kitchen manager + kitchen prep, in response to curbside pickup + delivery demand. Applicants are required to be familiar with Ted’s Butcherblock brand and the company’s commitment to provide excellent customer service. To apply, email a resume, references, + availability to Ted.
Other employee programs/information
- Employee Assistance Program is available for ANY EMPLOYEE of Fleet Landing, regardless of insurance or the number of hours you work. Please call 800-968-8143 for free and confidential counseling and life management services such as financial counseling. This is 100% free. This is 100% confidential and is NOT reported to the employer.
- We will also be giving out Good RX cards – these are prescription drug savings cards for those of you who are not on our insurance plan. Using this card usually saves you up to 60% on prescription drugs at most pharmacies.
- Several of you have asked how you can help the restaurant industry. Call your Representatives and Senators – call 202-224-3121 to be connected to the switchboard. Demand that we are part of the federal stimulus plan. Here is a comprehensive list of twitter handles.
- US Bartender’s Guild – apply for part of their grant. We are not a member, but it doesn’t matter. If you are a bartender, you qualify. Visit this website: https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap
- Sign up for random Venmo tips
- Southern Smoke Foundation Emergency Relief Fund application
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation COVID Relief Fund
- A List of Resources for Service Industry Workers, Restaurants, and Bars
- Another Round Another Rally – $500 grants for hospitality workers
- Every Thursday starting at 11 a.m., Lewis Barbecue is offering a free meal to the first 100 unemployed local food & beverage workers who order the “food & bev meal deal” online using promo code: CHSstrong. Upon arrival, call Lewis at (843) 805-9500. Recipients must bring in a recent paystub (either physical copy or digital, to receive food)
- Sam Adams Restaurant Strong – $1000 grants to hospitality workers who have worked for 3 months at 30+ hours per week (you will need your last two paystubs from Paylocity)
- Charleston Restaurant Workers Assistance Grant – you are being invited to apply for a $200 grant from Origin SC.
Places that are hiring/employment resources
- Sidegig – might be a good resource for short-term work. You can register on their site https://www.sidegigworks.com/
- Employment Opportunity: Lowes Foods is hiring http://bit.ly/3a2igl6
- Employment Opportunity: Costco is hiring http://bit.ly/2WsV2ko
- Employment Opportunity: Southeastern Grocers: https://www.segrocers.com/careers
- Walmart is looking to hire 3400 new associates for SC stores and is now accepting applications online. Apply online or by texting ‘jobs’ to 240240.
- Call Experts is hiring for virtual customer service representatives. Starting wage is $11/hr, two weeks paid training, and after competition of training, up to $13/hr. Please email [email protected].
- Refuel Gas Stations are looking for cashiers for immediate hire. We offer some of the highest cashier pay. www.refuelmarket.com
- Dollar General will hire up to 50,000 workers in the coming weeks.
- Papa John’s is hiring up to 20,000 as demand for pizza goes up.
- CVS Health is looking to fill tens of thousands of jobs across the country.
- Companies Amazon & Trader Joe’s are also hiring.
- Several various Immediate Job Opportunities listed here
- Southern Pizza Company in North Charleston is hiring drivers – 843-818-4476